Friday, June 20, 2014

Fwd: prayer request & "Breakthrough Horse" & "Out of the Wilderness"

May, 2013


One night in the year that the Lord gave me "The Breakthrough Horse" painting, I was sitting in front of that painting and my courage failed me.  I had thought the horse is me, and I must be bold and strong and be able to jump over the obstacles. Suddenly, I "saw" myself inside the belly of the Horse, Who is the Lord, and He is the Breakthrough Horse, not me, and He does not fail. But He warned me to focus, and just watch what He is doing, while I rest inside Him. 
Whoosh!  Whoosh!  I feel like I am riding inside the Breakthrough Horse as it is jumping over the obstacle and carrying me to my destiny.  I can see out of the belly of the Horse, and I can see others doing different things the Lord has equipped them to do.  I want to put my hands outside his belly and touch what the others are doing. But "No," the Lord tells me, "You are to wrap your arms around your body, with your eyes looking only to the front. Not even your little pinkie is to be outside of Me wanting to touch what others are doing. You must focus and I the Breakthrough Horse will take you to your destiny." 
Well, I am in that season of God sending me out to speak for Him, with my paintings and my books.  Last year it was all about the story of "His Garden"; this year He seems to be focusing on healing.
A few days ago I spoke at a women's group here in La Jolla. I read the story of "His Garden" to them.  The interesting thing was that the night before the meeting, I received a revelation about the painting, "Out of the Wilderness," and how that painting ties in with the story of "His Garden."  I never knew that. What He wanted to say through that painting is that Jesus will do anything and everything to go into each of our "wilderness" - which can be cancer, loss of a loved one through death or divorce, loss of job, loneliness and fear - to look for us and to carry us out of our "wilderness." 
I was led to paint Jesus and the harassed bride of Christ gazing into each other's eyes, going deeper into a love relationship that will last for eternity. I sense God wanting to re-ignite my own heart to long for Jesus, to be that "bride" in the painting, gazing up at Him, feeling His embrace. Busyness and doing ministry and worries can subtly take the place of heartfelt desperation for Him. We are to guard our hearts along that line.  I know I do.  In fact, that is my prayer request.  It's the bottom line, isn't it. Our destiny is our love affair with Him. 
(You can view this painting on my  website: www.jbrushwork.com , gallery section, painting #26)
There seems to be much warfare over the arena of healing this year - healing of cancer and other sicknesses. The enemy is out to steal the healing that God has given us.  We need to pray Psalm 91 over our loved ones, friends and even ourselves.