Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Worker-Bee vs. Weaned Child

written May 2, 2010

Last night leg cramp and heart palpitation woke me up. Took me two hours of lying in bed quietly until the palpitation went away. I asked God why this happened. I felt He said it was the "Worker-Bee" syndrome. I had come back from DC with it and now this engine inside me says I have to do this or that, or else I will disappoint others. I must grab opportunities or I will be sorry. The voice of the "Hard Taskmaster" with the whip was spurring my mind to dart about thinking how to please, how to succeed, how to win favor, how to be important in the eyes of others.

What happened? The Lord had sent me as a "Weaned Child" agent to DC, and I got waylaid by the religious spirit and could not hear His voice. Rather, I had heard so many versions of His voice and that brought confusion. DC is a Land of No-Rest, and my spirit had no rest when I was there. I came back and did not know who I was in Him and I could not remember what it was like to be an inhabitant of His Garden. The acidic air of DC had turned me into a prune, and now the worker-bee poison is in my blood stream, and the danger of that is this spirit numbs me so I am not aware of it.

Today I sense the Lord saying, "Enough!" and I began to hear His wonderful, familiar voice. He is calling me to come be alone with Him, to drop all chores and labor, and re-discover the beauty of His Garden. He is saying, " Just Me, Jean! Just Me! You don't have to set so many things up. Just come be with Me. Remember to be 'Mary,' and not be 'Martha'". You see, when the worker-bee syndrome is on me, I find it hard to be the Mary who sits quietly at Jesus' feet while her sister Martha is all upset trying to cook and serve everybody (see Luke 10).

Now I have been home for a week, and I still cannot just "Be." "Doing" seems more attractive. When I am doing,doing, doing I have momentary sense of importance. It covers up my feeling of neediness and fear and worries. I feel OK, accepted, important when I am engaged in "Doing." "Being" seems so lame. Or so it seems.

This morning I picked up a piece of paper from my table and looked at it. Why, it was the email I had sent out just before I left for DC! It was called, "Weaned child is going to DC tomorrow." dated April 20th. I had totally forgotten I wrote that. When I re-read it, my spirit seemed to come face to face with Jesus.

I said, "Hi! Jesus!" and He said, "Hi! Jean!" Whoa! I felt like I had stumbled into His Garden!

Whenever I am in the Garden, I would know things. I would know what is what. I would not be confused. I knew that was why I went to DC, to declare and decree "weaned child" word over DC. Come to think of it, in 2004 He sent me to New York City to get a painting-word for the United Nations through the invitation of the New York City Intercessors. That trip was murder. I came home dangerously ill. The word I got there was, you guess it...the "weaned child." I did a sketch there of a child sitting on Jesus' lap, and He was saying that He longed to pick up the important leaders of the world, and ordinary people like you and me, and put us all on His lap, so that we would be enfolded in His voluminous white gown, pressing ourselves deeper, yet deeper into His body, resting in His care. And the verses for this painting were, I have stilled and quieted my soul...like a weaned child is my soul within me.(Psalm 131:2) and A little child shall lead them. (Isaiah 11:6) (see painting at my website gallery )

So now I know why it was so hard for me in DC. Because the message of the "weaned child" is dangerous to the religious spirit as well as to the spirit of the "worker-bee." It seems the enemy may not be as threatened when God's people go out to fight causes as he is threatened by us going out as the "weaned child" carrying that word deep inside our hearts. Why? Because he does not know how to fight the weaned child. The weaned child plasters his/her ears against the Father's heart, and gets instruction straight from Him. The "weaned child" knows he/she is weak, so Jesus the Lion of Judah has to fight for and with the weaned child. The "weaned child" comes from the Garden where he/she receives weapons that the enemy can't fathom - weapons such as He laughs at fear afraid of nothing (Job 39:22),for the joy of the Lord is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10) and byHis wounds we are healed (Isaiah 53:5) and many, many more. (I picked up a good number of such weapons while fighting cancer and cancerous lies:see my book, Out of the Wilderness.)

I really believe that the "Weaned Child" word is a key word for the church and for those in high places. In this time of much darkness and confusion, His Garden is His provision to one and all. I hear Him calling out, "Come to Me, all you who are heavy laden, and I will give you rest, for My yoke is easy and My burden light... Come and walk with me in the Garden in the cool of the day, and I will share My secrets with you. This is where you gain your authority. I give the weaned child authority to take dominion over the seven mountains of the world: mountain of government, mountain of business, mountain of law, mountain of education, mountain of media, mountain of arts and entertainment, and mountain of religion, bringing these mountains back to Me."

So good to be back in His Garden!