Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Soaring Eagle - A call to intimacy


written in March, 2010

In March 2004, the Lord called me to paint a soaring eagle as a word to the President and to the praying church. The verse is Jeremiah 33:3: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.  The Lord wants to give the President an encounter with Him in the secret place and carry him up high on His Wings.  He is asking the praying church to be the thermal wind that lifts him up with our prayers.  Note the faint white lines under the tail of the eagle which strangely showed up when I was painting the sunrise. I sense that the Lord wanted to show us how much our prayers are needed to lift the eagle up.
On March 22, 2010, I received another word for the church pertaining to the "Soaring Eagle."  Psalm 131 says, My heart is not proud, O Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonder for me.  I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.  Hebrew "weaned" means be still, deal bountifully or rewarded. The Lord is calling His bride who has been alarmed and distraught, fearful and angry, to return to the place of stillness and abiding, a place of quiet confidence, of hope and expectancy, of knowing that He is sovereign and good and nothing is impossible with Him, and He can do more than we can ever hope or ask for.  We have been zealous for the cause of the Lord; yet He is asking us to come and lie against His chest, like a weaned child with its mother. It is in the mode of the weaned child that the church can hear and pray the heart of God into the President. May it be that we the church will agree with Him and our prayers will lift the President up to where he will have an encounter with Him and be able to hear and pray the Lord's heart into our nation.
I Timothy 2:1-2 : I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority...