Thursday, May 17, 2012

update about my fall and my thoughts on healing

April 12, 2012
  
Two weeks ago when I fell at the bottom of our stairs, I could have catapulted into major worries that I was going to LA to speak twice that weekend and this fall could be serious.  I remember a moment of choice - to get all upset and worried or to check in with the Lord right away. I decided to do the latter and immediately "heard" in my spirit -  "and after all that, to STAND."  I declared Ephesians 6: 11 - 14.  Boy!  Did I ever feel boldness come onto me. I could picture me go from a crouching position to standing fully erect and whipping my new weapon out.  Ephesians 6 was fully activated for this situation.
In fact, this is how I get a new weapon (scripture) from the Lord.  When I use the weapon and the enemy is scuttled, in my spirit I know that I have just been given a new sharp sword or arrow. I also did a wise thing - I went to write the email to you, so I would be backed by you.  It's not really about the fall, it was about my going to Los Angeles on Easter Sunday to share about healing.  Interesting that the Life Group (or home fellowship) that invited me to share is having their meeting at the home of a Christian oncologist in Los Angeles. There will be cancer patients there as well as non-Christians.
As you can see, this is bad news for the enemy.  He does not want me going out to talk from what I learned in fighting cancer.  A large portion of that book I wrote about my cancer experience was hearing God's voice telling me what fighting cancer is all about. The second half of that book was God revealing how to fight cancerous lies that are imbedded in our culture and belief system, even in church system. 
I do see that God has purposed to send me out this year as there seems to be an epidemic of cancer.  However, I am not trained. I almost want to say, Are you sure you want me to share on healing?  Are you sure you want me to pray for the sick?  I really don't know if I am anointed or not. But I am willing to share and to pray. The result is up to God and the person He is wanting to get really close to.  I can pray for this person to discover who God is in the course of fighting cancer or other sicknesses. This person can become so intimate with Jesus as never before.  This person can end up flying high as an eagle getting to see things from such a vantage point instead of cowering in fear and worries about his sickness.  This person can turn into a warrior in the course of learning how to fight cancer and other fearful situations. These were the things that happened to me.  In the course of getting to know God intimately I learned to agree with His word and used His words  as weapons to fight my fear. I ended up partnershipping with God to take authority over cancer.  Wow!  What brilliant thoughts of God on our behalf!
These are the things I like to share and pray for others to receive from Jehovah Rapha.  It isn't about being so desperate and begging and begging like a beggar for God to heal me and wondering if I am worthy of being healed. No, healing is not about that. Learning to fight cancer and other diseases and cancerous lies is a part of walking and talking with God in the cool of the day in His Garden - getting to know Him, getting to trust Him, getting to see how good and kind and compassionate He is.  Rising up and becoming an overcomer is a part of the abundant life, and we know that Jesus said He came to give us life and life abundant.
Yes, healing is a part of standing as in Ephesians 6:13, "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."  This Saturday there is a memorial service for Sheri in Los Angeles. I believe that Sheri stood her ground against cancer and other diseases, and after she did everything, she stood, as did her family and friends and church and doctors. I believe she was standing when the Lord came to take her to her reward.  She was an overcomer and she enjoyed the abundant life.