Friday, December 30, 2011

The amazing Chinese character "Glory" (Yong)

November 28, 2011

Since I last wrote about our Chinese characters and how they validated the early stories of Genesis on creation and the Garden of Eden, I have been waiting to share about one more character that stands out to me - the character "Glory" (Yong).  When I went to do a workshop for the Waves of Glory Women's Conference just three weeks ago, Lo and behold! the Lord woke me up two nights in a row to remind me of a painting He gave me back in 1996,  "Tidal Wave Over the World" (see http://www.jbrushwork.com/, gallery section) and that this painting and the Chinese character "Glory" are linked up.  You can understand the excitement I felt over this revelation. 
The character "Yong" or "Glory" has three parts. 
The top part shows two persons who look like fire with a bright and shiny appearance. They are standing on a covering over a tree, and this tree is the Tree of Life. From this character "yong", it seems like the Chinese ancients knew how Adam and Eve looked before the fall - that they were covered by light, had a glory about them and that they stayed close to the Tree of Life, eating the fruit of the tree and drinking from the river of living water. When they succumbed to the temptation of the evil one and ate the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the covering of light left, and they saw that they were naked.
When Jesus came, He first declared that He was the light of the world (John 8:12), and later He declared that we are the light of the world.  I believe that indeed when we accept Jesus into our hearts, and the Godhead came to dwell in us, never to leave, the light, the glory of the Lord once again emanates from His beloved sons and daughters.  We are the light of the world, so let our light so shine, that those who see us will give glory to God (paraphrase Matthew 5:14, 16). It is the enemy's intention and ploy that we be tainted and covered with shame and a sense of unworthiness so that we will hide our light under a bushel, believing that we are failures in God's eyes. Not so!  We are the apple of His eyes.
Even though Satan tricked the first man and woman into losing their glory, God had inspired our ancient Chinese to invent a "character," a pictographic word, to foretell the emerging of another "new man" or "new race" who would be carriers of His glory.  What brilliant thought of God!  How He saw from the beginning of time that He would prepare a people who down through the ages would altogether become the glorious and shining bride of Christ, through what the Son of God did on the cross!
How does this character "yong" link up with the "Tidal Wave over the World" painting?
On the morning of the workshop,November 5th, the Lord had me reread what I wrote in The Rising Up of the Warrior Bride of Christ concerning the Tidal Wave painting. "In November of 1996, the Lord brought me to Oceanside, California, and while sitting in front of the ocean, on a rainy day, He gave me the Tidal Wave painting. What surprised me was the rainbow colors that came forth. Most interesting was the crest of yellow light that the tidal wave carried, with areas of fiery colors as well... I became very conscious that we were all carriers of His light. We may not see with our naked eyes, but light is emanating from us." 
I went on to read about how I had gotten badly hurt in a church situation and had wanted to subtly put up a wall between me and the others. I thought that as long as I was walking with the Lord myself, I would be fine; really, nobody would even know. He intervened and spoke to me, "Jean, this is not the time to walk away from the tidal wave; it is the time to walk into the tidal wave. Revival is coming and you want to be in the revival. You must be one as We are One. You collectively are the bride of Christ, not the brides of Christ. You must act as one now. The light from all of you coming together as one light will collapse darkness with the force of a tidal wave, overwhelming it with light and love."  This is a word for NOW. He is urging us to put away all our differences and get into oneness and collectively shine for Him. John 17:33, "I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one. I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you send me and have loved them even as you have loved me."  Amen, Lord Jesus.