Monday, July 12, 2010

God's net of blessing


written July 7, 2010

I last wrote about the enemy's net of troubles (see my June 21st blog) which he has put over many, especially leaders;  today I am writing about God's net of blessing.

Five years ago I fought cancer with the weapons God sent me and not with medical treatments (refer to my book, Out of the Wilderness) Last year the doctor said mammogram test showed that possibly cancer had come back to the lymph node. Thus started the enemy's attempt to wear down my faith in God's miraculous healing. He was hounding me with "Did you hear Him right when He said you will never be ravaged by cancer again?"  That's it! - Did you hear Him right?

The enemy knows that it is all about hearing His voice right so we can function right in this dark and confusing world.  So it helps the cause of the enemy greatly for the bride of Christ to doubt her ability to hear His voice or to doubt whether she hears Him right. Instead of being the warrior bride, we become the hesitant bride. You see, a lot of the weapons He gives us - declaring, proclaiming, taking authority - all require that we be bold and daring and confident, which can only come from our ears being trained to hear His voice accurately, our eyes to "see" into the spirit realm and not the natural realm, and our hearts to KNOW the Bridegroom so well we just know what He would do and what He would not do.

All this comes from being in the School of the Overcomer.  Even as the enemy seeks to confuse and demoralize us, in reality we are in His classroom and being trained in the art of fighting against the principalities and power of the air.  Some of these classroom projects can be of long standing (repetition helps us to "get it"), but humanly we may get weary and lose strength. But wait, what is the Holy Spirit saying to us? Do I hear right? Is He actually saying "All's well!"

How can it be all's well when evil is rampant and we seem to be losing the war? Yet it is possible because we actually live on two planes - we live in the world, but we are not of the world. We do not fight the humans that we see with our eyes of the flesh. We fight the enemy that is in the air, or behind humans and behind circumstances.See  2 Corinthians 10:3-5.  The school of the overcomer trains us to discern the enemy, and to take our eyes off the world (including people and circumstances and what the media tells us). He is training us to see not with our physical eyes or hear with our physical ears, or understand with our human understanding and wisdom, but to see through our spirit eyes and ears and heart.  I tell you, it is absolutely amazing who we are and who He is for us. If only the people of the world - the governmental leaders, the religious leaders, the power movers know what we have with God and the power and authority we have in Christ - they would beg us to show them how to live the way we live. Our bodies may be under attack and we may be going through hardship, yet our spirit ears can hear Him saying, "All is well." 



I experienced this dichotomy in a clear,sharp way about two months ago. One morning I was pacing at the bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, my heart greatly troubled, waiting for guidance, when out of the blue I began to sing the song "How Great Thou art" and then I found myself singing the old hymn "It is well with my soul".My spirit knew that I had hit just the right song. Boy! I sang and sang "It is well with my soul, it is well with my soul, it is well with my soul, with my soul" until my whole being was filled with KNOWING that all is well. From that day on, every time I was going under, I would sing this song.  Not only me, but Peter began to get it too.  When we discuss problems or worries, Peter would bellow out, "All's well!" and that would be the end of our worries.  Over and over this Holy Spirit's antidote to the net of troubles would come to us until our spirits own it. We would whip out our swords and declare to the enemy "All's well!"


For indeed as the Psalmist says, "You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemy, my cup runs over, and surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house forever." (Psalm 23)  We are declaring the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  We are also fighting with the enemy by declaring that all is well.  That is faith in action.  Not seeing, not hearing, not experiencing changes in circumstances, yet knowing that all is well.  It is a done deal, so to say. All's well became a canopy over us. 

Circumstances and people in my life began to come under the canopy of All is well   Relationships that have troubled my heart for so long began to transform into His Garden relationship.  Life's many complex troubled situations began to change.The best news to me was that on our wedding anniversary June 28th Peter declared that indeed we must celebrate because for the first time ever he is experiencing the peace and faith in God no matter what the circumstances are. 
Jeremiah 29:11 is now a life transforming verse to him, For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 
In other words, All's Well!